Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Fingerling Potatoes with Basil&Cream

In a previous post I wrote about my best friend Goldi and her impact on my gardening. Well this weekend her fingerling potatoes were ready for harvesting and she gave me a handful to cook up. Oh my, there really is nothing like a home grown fresh picked potato!

Look how beautiful these are:


When I started cooking them, I was going to keep it simple: some good olive oil (from our trip in italy) and some basil from the garden. But as I got into it, my ingredients evolved and the result was wonderful. I've actually made some potatoes like this before and they're one of my favorite. This recipe works best with fingerling or baby new potatoes, so enjoy!


Fingerling Potatoes in Cream Reduction
Serves 2

1/2 lb Fingerling or Baby New Potatoes
1 Tbsp Fresh Basil (Chopped)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 Tbsp Butter
2 Tbsp Dry White Wine
1/4 C Heavy Cream

-Clean Potatoes, cut any large ones (1.5+ inches in width) in half lengthwise, place in bowl.
-Add Basil, Oil and S&P to bowl and coat potatoes.
-In a heavy skillet or saucepan, heat butter on medium-high heat, add potatoes (scrape out bowl) to pan and cook for 5-7 mins.
-Add Wine and cook until dissolved, about 5 mins, then add Cream and reduce, about 8-10 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment