Sunday, April 29, 2012

NRW 17: Baked Potato Slices

New Recipe Week 17: Baked Potato Slices

I got this recipe from my very near and dear friend Dr. Goldi Jacques-Maynes. She's the one who's talking me into gardening and I've always looked to her for her wonderful home healthy cooking. She's a very strong proponent of the 100-Mile Diet especially from your own home sources. I love seeing her chickens in their amazing coop and all her yummy planter boxes with beautiful rows of green, red, yellow, purple, orange and every color you can eat! There's nothing like going out your back door and picking your dinner fresh!

This year she's growing potatoes so I thought this recipe would be wonderful to mark her talking me into growing some too! It's very simple, the outcome is wonderful and oven warmth spreads through the house. This is definitely a cooler day recipe!



Baked Potato Slices
Serves 2

2 Russet Potatoes
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste

-Scrub & Clean the Potatoes, then slice very thinly along the width but not all the way through.
-Drip Olive Oil over Potatoes and season with S&P.
-Bake @ 425 for 1.25 to 1.5 hours.
-Let cool a little before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment