Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cream Pesto Lasagna


My mom isn't a cook, as a matter of fact I learned how to cook when I was 10 and have been the family chef ever since then, but she does have a few recipes that she's known for, and one of them is lasagna. Unfortunately, as some of you might know and some not, but I'm allergic to tomatoes. Well, not technically allergic, it's an intolerance, but I can't digest them and it's pretty painful when I do eat one, so in my boat it's the same as an allergic reaction.


So as you can imagine, I can't have red sauce lasagna, even though I absolutely loves my mom's lasagna, it's just not worth it...


Several years ago, I was telling my best friend Goldi about my mom's lasagna and she asked if I had ever tried making it with a cream pesto sauce...hello! I can't believe I hadn't thought of it. So here we are many years later and I've finally typed up my recipes for you to enjoy.

Below is the lasagna recipe and here you can find the Cream Pesto Sauce recipe.



Cream Pesto Lasagna
Serves 4-6

8x8 square baking pan (opt. prep with butter/olive oil)
Enough Lasagna Pasta for 2 layers plus Top (ie. if using Barilla Pasta, 6 should do) & soaked in milk till pliable.
2 C Cream Pesto Sauce
1/2 lb. Meat (either sliced Sausages or some type of Ground Meat cooked with seasoning & olive oil)
1 C Chopped/Sliced Raw Veggies (I use Broccoli/Cauliflower)
1/2 C Sliced Raw Mushrooms
2 Eggs (boiled & chopped up)
2 C Grated White Cheese

-Spoon a little sauce into pan then add 1st layer of Lasagna and coat with sauce.
-Add meat, egg, & veggies, then lightly coat with sauce & top with cheese.
-Repeat sequence.
-Once 2nd layer is done, top with remaining lasagna, sauce & cheese.
-Bake covered with foil @ 350 for 30 mins. Remove foil and continue baking for 15 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment