Friday, January 20, 2012

New Year's Resolution

Well I'm not really into resolutions but this one I got from a Facebook friend and thought it was a good idea...Cook 1 new recipe a week!

So for now the recipes will be for the grown ups, but once Maiyo starts eating solids in 2 months, I'll start posting kid friendly food.

To start I decided to do a simple recipe cuz I'm burnt out from all the holiday baking and cooking: Lemon Oregano Chicken served over polenta (1/2 recipe made with equal parts turkey stock & water) and steamed veggies.

I changed the Chicken Recipe as follows: 
-I used chicken breast (1 big breast that I sliced into 2 pieces) & marinated in 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder & oregano for 20 mins.
-Heat 1/2 tbsp butter in skillet on high and brown both sides of chicken then transfer to baking dish.
-Add 1/2 tbsp butter, 1/4 c turkey broth and 2 tbsp lemon juice back to skillet and reduced by half.
-Pour the sauce over chicken and bake for 20mins at 450. 

This came out super yummy and more lemony which is what I wanted. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment