Friday, January 20, 2012

Maiyo's Christmas Stocking

I mentioned to my friend Jennifer (of Gourmet Food the Healthy Way) that I was going to purchase a christmas stocking for Maiyo from Pottery Barn and have his name embroidered on it and she said I should just make one. Well of course, why didn't I think of that:-)

So I decided to quilt one! I sat down, hashed out a pattern, picked out some fabulous christmas fabric and had at it.And while I was at it, I decided to make one for each of us.

Here's the finished tops:


I sewed on a plain back to the tops in order to keep all the stitching from coming apart and to make it easier to sew onto the actual stocking which I made out of bolt felt.

Full Stocking:

Then I hand stitched the corner holds and our names on the upper part of the stocking but I didn't take pictures of them, instead here's a cute pick of Maiyo with his stocking:)

And this one's to give you an idea of the size


No comments:

Post a Comment