Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Krispie Goodness

I subscribe to a lot of blogs, one of which is extremely popular, the Brown Eyed Baker. Most of her recipes are ok but a little too sweet for me. This rendition of her Avalanche bars is no exception.

Though it's all candy, it does give me a nice break from dipping into the Halloween candy jar, and these Krispie Goodies are far superior to a reese's pb cup anyway;-)


Another plus for this recipe is how silly simple it is to make. Although her recipe calls for use of the microwave, which I totally hate and am against using for melting chocolate, taking the time to melt this on a double boiler really is all the time this recipe takes and not much more than waiting.


My variation of this recipe is due to what ingredients I had on hand, but I doubt it made much of a difference from the original. Still pretty good and gluten free is a plus for my Buddy (who I gave a bunch too).


Avalanche Bark Bars
Makes 12 - 2oz Bars

1 package of White Chocolate Chips (I use Ghirardelli)
1/2 C Creamy Peanut Butter
1 1/2 C Choco Krispies
1 1/2 C Mini Marshmallows
1/2 C Mini Chocolate Chips (I use Ghirardelli)

-Melt White Chocolate Chips with Peanut Butter in double boiler, or metal bowl, over simmering (not boiling) water, making sure the bowl doesn't touch the water.
-Remove from heat and stir in Choco Krispies.
-Let cool for 10 mins, stirring at 5mins then again at 10 mins,
-Then gently mix in Marshmallows & Mini Choco Chips.
-Pour into parchment lined 8x8 pan and cool in the refrigerator for 15 mins.
-Pull out of pan (by pulling out the overhanging parchment flaps) and cut into 2 x 1.5 inch bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment