Thursday, June 14, 2012

Lemon Marscapone Pound Cake

After juicing a bunch of lemons for lemonade I made and dubbed 'Liquid Gold' for a pirate themed party last week, I had about 1/2 a cup lemon juice left over and decided to make pound cake with it instead of freezing it (as I already have a cup of juice in the freezer.) I also had some marscapone that was about to expire so I thought it'd lend a lovely taste, which it did!


I make the cake really light on the sweet (though you wouldn't think it with 2 cups of sugar!) I like to use it as a base for other desserts, my favorite being strawberry short cake! But I also made a simple icing and poured it over top of half my loaves so we could enjoy them on their own.


I froze some for later use as pound cake always freezes nicely and so this is a great recipe to make and then store for later. It should keep in the freezer for about 2 months and you can thaw in the frig or at room temp, but then be sure to eat it right away!





Lemon Marscapone Pound Cake
Makes 15 mini loaves or 2 regular loaves

3 C Cake Flour
1/2 Tsp. Salt
1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 C Butter (Room temp)
2 C Sugar
6 Eggs (Room temp)
8 oz. Marscapone (Room temp)
1/2 C Vanilla Yogurt
1/3 C Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp. Lemon Zest


-Whisk together first 3 ingredients, set aside.
-With an electric mixer, beat Butter on medium speed till fluffy, about 3 mins, then add Sugar 1/2 cup at a time, beat for another 5 mins.
-Add Marscapone, then Yogurt, until well mixed.
-Add Eggs one at a time, making sure to scrape down sides after every other egg.
-Then add in Lemon Zest & Juice.
-Lower speed and add Flour Mix until combined.
-Bake in lined mini loaf pan at 325 for 35-40 mins turning once during bake. Or in 2 Big Loaf pans for ~60 mins or until toothpick test comes clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment