Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Lemon Curd, Strawberries & Chocolate Whip in a Cookie Cup

Oh My!


I went to a good friend of mine's a house warming last weekend. She moved from the mountains to the beach, about 7 long miles away (easy to do here in Santa Cruz County:-) She's a very awesome person and hired a taco truck for the party to make things easier for everyone. Carnitas, carne asada, birria and homemade tortillas, we couldn't ask for more! The party was also a kind of reunion of a bunch of my good friends, so I was really excited to see everyone and wanted to make something special...

Since it was gonna be a very full house, I wanted something people could pick up one handed, and since I've been making tons of sugar cookies for a party I'm planning I thought the left over dough would be awesome for cookie cups.


I'm also known for my lemon curd and I have a very full lemon tree so there's my filling. And it's pick your own strawberry season so I added some diced strawberries on top. Then for the grand finale, I experimented with making chocolate whipped cream (I came up with this in my sleep!) Doesn't it sound so yummy?!


Strawberry Filling
Makes ~2 Cups

1 lb Strawberries
1/4 C Sugar

-Wash & hull Strawberries, then chop into 1/4 inch chunks.
-Place strawberries in a bowl and sprinkle with sugar, stirring to mix in.
-Cover & refrigerate for about 30 mins, stirring once at 15 mins.

Chocolate Whipped Cream
Makes 1 Cup

1 C Whipping Cream
4 Tbsp Nestle Quick Chocolate Mix

-Whip cream & chocolate until peaks form.


No comments:

Post a Comment