Saturday, March 31, 2012

Lasagna with Artichoke Pesto

With all the Artichoke Pesto I made this week I was eager to use the sauce in a way that I use regular pesto, so I decided to make a lasagna.

I usually make cream pesto lasagna because I've had a severe intolerance to tomatoes my entire life so I have to be creative with traditionally tomato based dishes. I'll post my cream pesto recipe at another time...but for now this artichoke pesto lasagna came out absolutely deeelish!

I had some shredded chicken breast and grated zucchini (left over from zucchini bread which will also be posted soon:-), that with some baked cauliflower, spinach and jack cheese, this lasagna was very different yet so yummy my hard to please Mom even liked it!


Artichoke Pesto Lasagna
Serves 4+

1 box Bertolli No Bake Lasagna Pasta (I used 8 Pieces)
1+ C Artichoke Pesto
1 C Chicken (Boiled & Shredded)
1 1/3 C Shredded Cheese (I used Monterey Jack)
1/3 C Zucchini (Shredded)
1/2 C Pre-Cooked Cauliflower
1/2 C Fresh Spinach

-Soak Lasagna Pasta in water about 10 mins.
-In an 8x8 baking dish, coat bottom with a couple of spoonfulls of pesto then line with Pasta.
-Coat top of Pasta with 1/4 C Pesto then sprinkle with 1/3 C Chicken, 1/3 C Zucchini & 1/3 C Cheese.
-Layer with Pasta and coat with 1/4 C Pesto then sprinkle with 1/2 C Cauliflower & 1/3 C Cheese.
-Layer with Pasta, coat with 1/4 C Pesto then sprinkle with 1/3 C Chicken, 1/3 C Cheese and 1/2 C Spinach.
-Layer final Pasta, coat with remaining Pesto, sprinkle with remaining Chicken & Cheese.
-Cover with foil and bake @ 350 for 30 mins, remove foil and continue baking for 15 mins.


No comments:

Post a Comment