Sunday, February 5, 2012

NRW 5-Chewy Dark Choco Cookies

New Recipe Week 5: Chewy Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies

I actually made 2 new savory dishes for this weeks NRW but they both weren't very good so I'll pass on reviewing those...Instead I made a third dish-Cookies!

I had a craving for cookies, surprise, surprise:-) Now I have my own chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe that I love (I'll post it another time) but am always up for trying out a new recipe. So I thought to try this one from one of my favorite bloggers the Brown Eyed Baker.

I loved how simple this recipe was and all the tips Michelle gives her readers. I hope my little tips help you along too. The only change I made was to use Dark Chocolate Chips and I would suggest to lower the salt content to 1/4 Tsp as it really announced itself in every bite just a little too much. Also, I think it would help if the dough was refrigerated for about 30 mins prior to forming cookies but is not necessary.

2 C & 2 Tbsp Flour
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/4 Tsp Salt
12 Tbsp Unsalted Butter (melted and cooled until warm)
1 C Dark Brown Sugar
1/2 C Sugar
1 Egg
1 Egg Yolk
2 Tsp Vanilla
1 C Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies

-Prep 2 cookie sheets with parchment and pre-heat oven to 325
-Whisk Flour, Baking Soda & Salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
-Mix  Butter & Sugars until thoroughly blended.
-Beat in Eggs & Vanilla until combined, add the dry ingredients also until just combined, then stir in chips.
-OPTION: Refrigerate dough for 30 mins.
-Roll scant 1/4 C of the dough into a ball. Hold the dough ball with the fingertips of both hands and pull into 2 equal halves. Rotate the halves 90 degrees and, with jagged surfaces facing up, join the halves together at their base, again forming a single ball, being careful not to smooth the dough’s uneven surface. Place the formed dough balls on the prepared baking sheets, jagged surface up, spacing them 2 1/2 inches apart.
-Bake 1 sheet at a time for 16 to 18 minutes until the cookies are light golden brown and the outer edges start to harden yet the centers are still soft and puffy, rotate the sheet midway through baking.
-Cool the cookies on the sheets.



Next on my list of cookies to try is her Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment