Friday, February 24, 2012

Arroz con Leche

Arroz con Leche was my favorite dish growing up, I couldn't get enough of the stuff. Now that I'm older, I try not to make it too often cuz I will eat the entire batch in one sitting! Looking around the web for some tamale recipes I often came across arroz con leche recipes, so of course I started craving some.

Many of the recipes online are sugar heavy, by a lot, so I hope you like mine which is light on the sugar and heavy on the cinnamon.


Arroz con Leche (Rice with Milk)
Serves 6

1 C White Rice
2 1/4 C Water
1/4 Tsp Salt
1 Cinnamon Stick
3 C Milk (Skim)
1/2 C Sugar + more for garnish
1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon + more for garnish

-In a Medium sauce pan, bring Rice, Water, Cinnamon Stick & Salt to a boil then simmer for 15 mins.
-Remove the Cinnamon Stick then add in Milk, Sugar & Ground Cinnamon. Bring to a boil then simmer for 30 mins.
-Remove from heat and cool or serve warm, garnish with a dash of ground cinnamon & sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment