Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Trail Mix

This Christmas I'm giving away homemade gift baskets. One of the yummies I plan to include is my Trail Mix that all my friends absolutely love! Making your own mix is economical and you get more control over what you add. Best thing though is that there is no cooking, roasting, or baking needed, as all I do is combine a bunch of items I love and voila, Trail Mix!


Mix all your favorites then pour them into pint jars and add a little fabric square for the finished effect and there you go!



Trail Mix
Makes ~6 cups

2 C Granola of your Choice
1/2 C Sesame Sticks

1/4 C Each of the Following:
  Hazelnuts (Chopped)
  Pistachios (Shelled & Halved)
  Pumpkin Seeds
  Sunflower Seeds
  Banana Chips
  Dried Cranberries
  Dried Mango
  Dried Pineapple
  Dried Golden Raisins
  White Chocolate Chips
  Milk Chocolate Chips

-Chop up all Dried Fruit & Banana Chips into 1/3 inch pieces.
-Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container. Will keep for about 2 weeks.
-For Gluten Free, Omit Sesame Sticks and make sure Granola is GF!

(total cost for my last batch, which was 1.5 times this recipes, was only $7!!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment