Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Gorgonzola Fingerling Potatoes, as easy as 1-2-3!

I love wine, so much so that I've worked for winemakers at tasting events and I've been part of the bottling crew for Kathryn Kennedy Winery for the last 4 years. But ever since I got pregnant and subsequently gave birth to my son, I have cut down dramatically on drinking wine. I really do miss it, but as a nursing mom, you just gotta hold back on the booze. And to top it off, Anastasio isn't much of a drinker so there's no one to share a bottle with when I do have a craving.

So it isn't every week that I decide to crack open a bottle of wine to indulge, but when I do, I go big! I finally opened up one of my 2008 Kathryn Kennedy Contra La Marea bottles made with organic grapes. I've been meaning to for a while now since it's been about 3 years since last I tasted it and was very, very happy that I did. Talk about smooth red wine, oh amazing. I talked Ana into a glass and he completely agreed, good stuff, though I won't go into the tasting explaination cuz even though I sometimes work in the wine industry, I haven't the first clue on how to explain a tasting, and I've been trying for many, many years!


If you're really interested check out this site

Since I opened this $85 bottle of wine (yes I said eighty-five-dollars) I really wanted dinner to be special. Funny thing though is that I had know idea what I was gonna make and very minimal ingredients on hand. But search through my cupboards and refrigerator I did and this is what I came out with; Shredded Chicken Pasta with Red Pepper Cream Sauce & Gorgonzola Potatoes.

I'll post the pasta recipe soon, but for now you don't want to miss out on these potatoes. Super, Super easy to make (only 3 steps) and really not much to it. But they are packed with a creamy flavor that isn't overpowering so this side dish can accompany many, many main dishes.

so sorry for the blurry picture, crying baby didn't allow me the time to take a better one:-(


Gorgonzola Fingerling Potatoes
Serves 2 (can be doubled/tripled)

1 Tbsp Butter
1.5 C Fingerling Potatoes (Washed & Sliced into 1/4 inch slices)
1/3 C Heavy Cream
2-3 Tbsp Golgonzola
Salt & White Pepper to taste

-Place butter in an appropriate size baking dish and place in over as you pre-heat to 350 degrees.
-Once oven is heated & butter is melted, add Potatoes to dish and toss to coat.
-Sprinkle with S&P, then Cream, then Gorgonzola (do not mix in) and bake at 350 for about 30 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment