Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Chicken Matzah Ball Soup

During the rainy weather, or when I'm not feeling very well, a big 'o bowl of soup is my go to meal. Though I'm not a huge, huge fan of simple chicken soup, I do make it once or twice a year. In my opinion though, its a dumpling or rice noodle pho that really warms my insides.



This soup isn't either a dumpling or rice noodle, but it is better than both of  those. It's a variation of Matzah Ball soup but with the added yumminess of ground chicken. I still kept it very simple to make because I love the taste of Matzah balls, but also if you are down with a cold it can be made relatively quickly, which is a plus. Though feel free to add anything to it as you desire!


Chicken Matzah Ball Soup
Serves 4-6

1 Package Matzah Ball Mix
2 Eggs
2 Tbsp Oil
1/2 lb Ground Chicken
6 C Chicken Stock
1 Carrot (Peeled & Sliced)
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 Zucchini (Chopped)
2 C Fresh Spinach (Washed)

Optional add ins:  Thyme, Oregano. Corn

-Mix Matzah Ball mix, Eggs & Oil according to package instructions & refrigerate for 5 mins.
-Add Chicken to the mixture until fully combined and refrigerate 10 more mins.
-Bring Chicken Stock, Carrots and S&P to a boil in a med pot.
-Take Chicken-Matzah mix and scoop about 1-2 tablespoons into your wet hands and form into a ball then dump into boiling Stock. Repeate with remaining mixture.
-Toss in Zucchini and cook for 20 mins, covered.
-Add in Spinach, making sure to stir all spinach into the soup and cook another couple of mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment