Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Foodie Penpal

Last month was my first time trying out Foodie PenPal, basically instead of sending a letter, you send a box of yummy goodies to a random participant. It's actually pretty awesome.

My send to person was Hayley of New York. I asked her about her food interests and she responded sweet & spicy with a gluten free dietary restriction, perfect for me to send some Mexican love. I shipped off a box filled with piloncillo, rosa de castilla, jalapeno jelly (by me), some homemade gluten free oat balls, a jar of coconut oil and a cute mini pumpkin.

The Lean Green Bean

My from person was Julie of Sugarfoot Eats. She sent me this wonderful box:

It had a super cute kitchen towel with cupcake prints and a handy wooden purse spoon & chopstick set, great idea Julie, thanks! For food, she included Stadium Mustard which I can't wait to try and some amazing 'Nuts on Clark" Honey Butter Toffee from her trip to Chicago! She also had a trip to Austin where she went to the actual Stubb's restaurant and sent me this chicken marinade! I've had their yummy pork marinade but can't wait to marinate (this weekend) some chicken, especially cuz it's tomato free!!!


And last, but certainly not least, she sent me a magnet from her tour of the actual house from A Christmas Story! How fun is that!

I'm really liking this foodie penpals thing so I'm already looking forward to this month's exchange and am on the lookout for some yummy treats, if you have any recommendations, let me know! (I'm thinking a bottle of cajeta for sure!)

1 comment: